6.03.2010

cheap(er) chic: gingham + gold

When I was in college my style would have been best described as preppy but as I have gotten older (and since I have lived in Wyoming) I have tried my best to pull away . To be honest, I have a hard time doing this in the warmer months. Thankfully, I have finally found a combination that satisfies my preppy tendencies while being more sophisticated--gingham print mixed with classic gold pieces.

calypso shirt dress ($195), kate spade flats ($225), tory burch wrist scarf ($95), lulu frost bracelet ($240) and michael kors clutch ($195)

12 comments:

Christina said...

There is nothing wrong with preppy. I love this set.

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

love this style! gorgeous dress! xo

Callie Grayson said...

love this entire outfit!!! i need some new summer dresses for work and this would be perfect for a friday!!

xx
callie

Wahzat Gayle said...

love the little gold accents.cool dress too

Down and Out Chic said...

b just bought a gingham tie that i love. it's the only gingham in our home since neither of us have ever been close to preppy but the pattern is definitely growing on me. the gold adds a nice touch.

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

i love the gold clutch! the shape is lovely.

bazaarofserendipity said...

gorgeous! i sooo feeling this look right now!

www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

mandyface said...

loooooovely. sursly.

katie said...

I love this combination!

Beth said...

I love that gold bracelet!!

Kathysue said...

Honey, I am almost 60yrs old and I am still preppy. I have observed that the younger preppy types become we older classic types. I still feel the best in a pair of white jeans and keds and a polo!! Kathysue

Enamul Hoq said...

So gorgeous and lighting bracelet, Awesome . Remove White Background