designer spotlight [michael delpiero]


This morning I once again visited the Showhouse benefiting the Infant Welfare Society of Chicago. It is amazing how when you go through a space for the second time how new rooms and new details make an impact. Today it was the room of Chicago based designer, Michael DelPiero. Her work is beautiful, unexpected and exudes an understated elegance. So of course I quickly came home to scour her portfolio and I was not dissapointed. I especially loved this neutral and well accessorized living space.


Isn't the collection of artwork over the mantle amazing? I also love her philosophy that "A commitment to true style (rather than mere taste) ensures the creation of a canvas for living". Do you have an interior design philosophy?

Comments

PS~Erin said…
I love the way the shelves are arranged! And I'm so with you on your admiration of the layed art on the mantle

I don't really have a design philosophy... I just go with what I love and try to make it work with the other stuff in my house.
georgia b. said…
wow. truly beautiful.

i don't have a refined philosophy. i probably should work on that, hah? :)

i know my sister would love this room. it's very much her style.

next time you come to chicago, we should try to meet for coffee! i'm only an hour away!!
Christina said…
the artwork definitely makes this space come alive! i don't have a design philosophy, maybe one day, for now...it's whatever works.
That's a seemingly classic philosophy, which I want to embrace wholeheartedly. I, however, don't have one of my own - whatever catches my eye dominates my interior design philosophy, I suppose. :)
paula said…
I love all the neutral accessories especially against that wall color.
alissa said…
i love all of the tone on tone neutrals everywhere -its beautiful!
Oooooh! Those were gorgeous. That art is STUNNING collected like that. I think my philosophy is "great art cures all mistakes".

Thanks for visiting...I am going to enjoy taking my time on your blog poking around. Thanks!
tanya said…
wow, i love her work--I especially love the neutral color palette she chose!
Lee said…
This is a simply gorgeous room - I wish I could transplant it wholesale to my own home! As well as the artwork on the mantle, I really love the collection of beautiful pieces on the bookshelf. Lee :)
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth S. Damore said…
Your decorations are very impressive . So thanks . Photo Cut Out
Robert Smith said…
WOW! I am loving the painting that is hanging on the wall.
Raster To vector/clipping path service/Background Removal

Popular Posts