simple sunday study [peonies]


I have well documented my love of peonies in previous posts and hope you don't mind me bringing them up again. They are all that I can think of to keep from getting down from the snow that continues to fall and is not expected to let up soon! So I was overjoyed when I found these photos in the amazing portfolio of Jennifer Altman (author of nectar & light). The lighting in these photos capture so well the softness and beauty of this delicate bloom.





Now if only I could smell them right now. Hope you are all having a lovely and relaxing Sunday!

Comments

tanya said…
this post makes me want to run out and buy bunches and bunches of peonies! Gorgeous :-) Hope you're enjoying your Sunday, my dear!
Courtney said…
I heart peonies. They are one of the loveliest flowers around, in my opinion. A gorgeous addition to any room.

Have a great Sunday, Blair.
Romantic Pansy said…
i really love your post! and i really love peonies, after pansies, of sourse!!! :D
Anonymous said…
Beautiful love the lighting and the softness in the pictures.
Nicole Marie said…
gorgeous gorgeous photos!
Melissa said…
These are such pretty photographs, I love peonies too!
Christina said…
these flowers are so pretty and romantic. it's crazy that it's still snowing where you are and where i am the pollen is kicking and spring is in full gear! (i'm not saying that to make you jealous, i'm allergic to pollen so snow sounds good right about now!)
c said…
my pleasure blair, i like to delight by design with words :)

peonies and toile look great together don't they?!

enjoy the rest of your sunday afternoon.... x chantal
alissa said…
these are lovely! im craving a bunch of these on the counter beside me.
Unknown said…
how pretty - i particularly love the little nesting bowls in the last two photos!
summer said…
oh peonies...
how i do love them.

such pretty, pretty pictures!
Joslyn said…
her work is so stunning! she's long been one of my very faves!
Rachel said…
Gorgeous! These images have me swooning.
Karyn said…
Do you grow them? I've been dying to but am too afraid of failing. They are so beautiful. I'm also in love with the grey wall color in the bedroom of this same post.
Anonymous said…
Great stuff!

Popular Posts