2.28.2016

Getting Blocky With It {Study of Contrast}

When the boyfriend is away, the blocks will play--while he is soaking up the sun and shore of Rio de Janeiro I get free reign over the kitchen table. Which means that some boring cotton fabric was given a new life over the weekend and my hands have been left in need of an intensive manicure. You see, when it comes to "handcrafted" textiles I pretty much take the most labor intensive approach and  hand paint (with a stencil brush) every single block I carved before pressing them in to the fabric. Although very cathartic, this is not the approach that leaves ones hands paint free--a labor of love, I suppose!
But all the paint built up under my nails is well worth the  joy I feel admiring the tablecloth that is now draping my kitchen table...at least until the next project takes place. 


3 comments:

Uouo Uo said...

Your blog is very impressive and have the useful information it is really caught my attention.


great work

تصميم مواقع




amazing

شركة تنظيف بالرياض




good job Beautiful! :)

حراج السيارات

Piso de Madeira said...

We love the idea of different colors on walls of the same environment, including the idea of different shades of gray that can enhance the pictures on the wall. We have a blog talking about decoration and wood flooring (piso de madeira), please visit and give your opinion.

Caixas de Correio said...

Small details, big differences. I loved the idea and I will do it in my house.